TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The ‘Company’ Somerset Boat Centre. The ’Hirer’ is any person or company who hires or has agreed to hire Equipment from the Company. ‘Equipment’ means items provided by the Company detailed on the “Hire Agreement”, upon the terms and conditions set out in the agreement.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Hirer’s booking by telephone, email, or online will be deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Hire outlined above and below:
3. Age Restrictions
Anyone under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult (parent, guardian, responsible person)
4. The Hirer Agrees To:
- Keep the Equipment in their possession and under their control at all times and use the Equipment only within the area of, and for the purposes of, their trip as previously agreed with the Company.
- Allow a Company representative access to the Equipment at all reasonable times, for the purpose of inspecting, repairing or removing the Equipment.
- Be responsible for losses of, or damage to, the Equipment caused by their own fault and will be charged in full for any such loss or damage at the end of their hire period.
- Not sell, sub-let, or dispose of the Equipment, and will indemnify the company against all losses, costs, claims, damage and expenses howsoever occasioned by their breach of these conditions.
- Consumption of alcohol or drugs in boats is prohibited and any Hirer caught consuming alcohol within their boat will be in breach of the hire agreement. Anyone who appears under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed on our boats. The final decision is ours.
- Hirer’s should act in a reasonable manner and respect other canal users. Any unruly behaviour may result in the Hirer’s agreement being terminated; any damage caused by unruly behaviour will be charged for.
- All participants must wear a life-jacket / buoyancy aid at all times, these are included in the hire price.
- No Fishing is allowed from any boat.
- The Skipper is the person nominated by the user group and deemed by us as responsible for the operation and safety of the boat and its passengers. This includes the behaviour of all group members; it must be clear who is acting as skipper at any one time. Instruction will be given to ensure minimum standards of boat handling.
5. Loss or Damage
The Hirer assumes complete responsibility for loss of or damage to the Hire Equipment (other than fair wear or tear) from the time the Hirer takes possession of the equipment.
Cost of Hire must be paid for in full at time of booking. Bookings are made only once full payment has been received.
Hirer is responsible for own parking and travel arrangements. There is a free car park opposite the boat centre entrance gates. There is limited on site parking and is restricted for disabled badge holders, please email us ahead of your booking to get permission to park on site.
- If a postponement of your hire is deemed necessary by Somerset Boat Centre for safety or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, we will give you as much notice as possible and we will offer you alternative dates. If no convenient alternative date can be agreed, any monies paid will be fully refunded. We are not liable for any losses incurred to clients due to cancellation of bookings.
- Cancellations made by the Hirer outside of 48 hours of the first day of hire will be charged 20% admin fee of the hire charge.
- If cancellation is made by the Hirer within 48 hours of the start of the booking, then the Hire Costs will be charged in full.
The Company will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them.
Insurance against our liability to other parties is included in the hire charge, but you are responsible for the first £500 of any claim. Your personal effects are not covered by this insurance.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to require reimbursement from you of any uninsured repair or other costs however arising caused by the actions or inactions of the Hirer.
No liability is accepted for any hirer whist on our property including pontoons.
Somerset Boat Centre do not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You should be aware that any water resistant containers supplied by us are not guaranteed to be waterproof, you accept that you are taking your personal property on to the canal at your own risk.
We reserve the right to make amendments to these Terms and Conditions without notice.