TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SELF PROPELLED BOATS
- These terms and Conditions form a binding contract between Somerset Boat Centre (The Company) and you (The Hirer).
- The Hirer must be at least 18 years of age. The Company reserves the right not to hand over the boat to anyone who in The Companies’ judgement appears not to be suitable to take charge of it. All monies paid will be refunded and The Hirer shall have no further claim.
- A security deposit in cash is payable on arrival of £60 along with vehicle keys for canoe and kayak hire. A £100 security deposit is required for motor boats. This will be returned provided there is no loss or damage to the boat or its’ contents and the boat is returned on time.
- Duration of the hire is between the hours of 9.30am and 4.30pm. The boat must be returned on time; if for any reason the boat is returned early by The Hirer, The Hirer shall not be entitled to any refund.
- The boat is for use only on the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal and there is zero tolerance for alcohol or drug use whilst in charge of a vessel hired from SBC. Failure to comply will result in confiscation of the boat.
- The Company requires that The Hirer specifies if the booking is for a single sex party and The Company may at its’ discretion cancel the hire and refuse to hand boats over. The Hirer will be refunded in full.
- The Hirer is in complete charge of the boat and is responsible for its safe navigation. In the event of an accident The Hirer shall notify The Company immediately and obtain names and addresses of any witnesses. Under no circumstances should anyone admit any liability.
- Any cancellation or changes to the booking by The Hirer must be made at least 7 days before the booking and will incur a £10 administration charge.
- The Company cannot be held responsible for delays or non-availability of the boat caused by breakdowns, unforeseen defects, obstruction or restriction of the cruising area by the Canal and Rivers Trust. In the event of complete non-availability all monies will be refunded and the Hirer shall have no further claim.
- The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage to any personal property including injury caused by events or circumstances beyond The Companies’ reasonable control, not due to The Companies proven negligence.
- Whilst we take every care to service and maintain the boat, no responsibility will be accepted by The Company for loss of time or expenses through breakdown, damage or defects.
T&C`s June 2018 v1.2 PWC